Friday, March 27, 2015

National New Play Network Wine Tasting

Tonight I met Nan from the National New Play Network. I got to chat with her just a bit. She told all of us that by supporting new works that we aren't patrons - we are artists that are influencing the Anerican canon of theatre works that will go on to influence the world. 

She asked me what I did. I told her I was a playwright, and she told me for sure I need to get my work on the new play exchange. For $10 year a playwright can submit their work and Theatres can search by topic, number of actors, length and pick a play from the new play database. She said 5 plays have already been produced from this database. 

I met 3 new playwrights - we all sat at the same table - and they've put their works into the Fringe festival. Tonight was amazing. I'm so lucky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment